Monday, February 6, 2012

Bedroom Windows

A few years ago, my husband and I moved our bedroom upstairs into space slowly vacated by our college students turned homeowners. Though the bathroom remains quite a ways down the hall, we now inhabit a spacious two-room 'suite' separated by pocket doors, the room with the best old house closet, with windows on three of four walls.

The empty nest has other advantages, like taking my afternoon nap bathed in the light of west facing windows. The nap habit began as respite and escape, in a season when anxiety and night terrors crept in relentlessly and darkness stole my evening slumber, leaving behind a physically and mentally exhausted shadow of me.

The nightly haunts of the moonlit hours eventually receded.

The comfort of napping remains.

This past night, after Super Bowl Sunday, I was restless, often awaking and checking the clock.

10:31pm

12:23am

2:37am ...




then a dream:

I am bathed in the beautiful light of west facing windows.

I can feel the warmth of the sun.

I often nap in this space with great afternoon light and without waking sense this light is different. It touches my face very gently, inviting my eyelids to open.

The century-old newer-vinyl-sided west wall has been altered, replaced with a brilliant expanse of new windows.

Light caresses my being ... pulsing Brightness.


Rw
.
Photo Credit

No comments: