Wednesday, July 13, 2011

White Lotus

My friend May is someone who seems to footnote every thought. She works in a toxic environment, her every word open to public scrutiny, subject to management surveillance and beaten into submission by unbridled criticism.

Her footnotes drive me crazy, yet in May I see a hero.

Like a lotus flower growing up from the murky bottom of a back- water pond to emerge in full bloom above the stale water, May has an inner beauty gracefully revealed when her true voice rises.

Today
I am
a woman
grateful
for freedom tasted
in writing
my own
words
here

a woman
heart touched
encouraged
by those who inspire me
with their words
and with their lives

a woman
breathing fresh air
a fragile heart
beating
a flawed human
hearing
a message of hope

a woman
grasping
for courage
while
speaking
into the darkness

a woman
who chooses
to turn
and see
the darkness
until each person
on this earth
rises from
the murky water
and is welcomed
into the Light

Rw

White Lotus
Sherry and Debbie are sisters in faith, women who helped open the eyes of my heart to the tenacious darkness of trafficking and the unlimited potential of healing in Christ ~ using simple construction paper colors and a beautiful Krama as a blindfold.




Deep in Your Soul by Michael McFadden
“I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson. What message is yearning inside you? What is something you know deep in your soul? Don’t look for someone else to describe it. You do it. Write it down. Write it as a poem, a sentence or even just a string of words. Just make sure you get it to paper. MM

No comments: