Friday, July 8, 2011

Hesitate

One day, in a blog, I read these words, “... times are cut out for brutal honesty ...”

The words that followed were and are hauntingly brutally hurtful.

I am uncertain this morning about the words I am posting to my own blog. I am so very aware of my own human frailties.

I am unsure how to respond with my abilities.

... each speaker gets a chance to say something special from God, and you all learn from each other. If you choose to speak, you're also responsible for how and when you speak. When we worship the right way, God doesn't stir us up into confusion; he brings us into harmony. This goes for all the churches—no exceptions. MSG

or ... if you prefer ...

... one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. NKJV

If I choose to speak, I am responsible for how and when. I am responsible for my words.

Words that bring discord and confusion are not brutally honest – just brutal.

Today, I hesitate. With every key stroke, there is pain.

Rw

excerpts 1 Corinthians 14:26-33




Nothing To Lose by Tanner Christianson
“Self-censorship is not just self-betrayal and self-abandonment (which would be bad enough), but soul-betrayal and betrayal of our Muse, out inner voice, our highest self.” Too often we censor ourselves, our actions, and our work in hope or fear of what might happen if we otherwise don’t. What words would you write today, and what actions would you take, if you had nothing to fear, nothing to lose? TC

2 comments:

Rich P. said...

If the choice you made re: this prompt catered to your higher self, it was a good choice. Only you will ever know, and that is enough.

Namaste.
Rich

Rw said...

thank you for encouraging