Saturday, December 17, 2011

Victoria's Shameful Secret

My love-hate relationship
with Victoria continues.

I find the pretty pink bag
quite alluring, especially
when filled with lip glosses,
scented butters and scrubs
... gifts beautifully fashioned
in this-size-fits-me.

V's shopping-mall-bigger-than-life-store-front images and
only-in-your-dreams-does-any-body-look-like-this commercials,
leave me less than enthusiastic.

... designer products grace the shelves of top stores, proudly bearing certified organic labels ...  the billion dollar brand's sexy and sensual image is being threatened by claims that its bras, knickers and lingerie are made from cotton produced by children who are forced to work long hours for no pay more

V's secret revealed undoes me.

V's secret revealed gives me strength.

I invite women and men to be dangerous, to pray for change
in V's corporate heart and within our own hearts this Christmas.


Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay,
close by me forever, and love me, I pray!
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care
and take us to heaven, to live with thee there.

Away In A Manger


Rw
.
Read the response from Fair Trade here
Contact Victoria's Secret with your suggestion or Limited Brands including Bath and Body Works, Pink, La Senza, Henri Bendal
Public pressure changed others' corporate choices
Photo Credit

No comments: