Monday, January 16, 2012

Vivid Words

Lord, I am not worthy to receive you,
but only say the word and I shall be healed.
more

In the Catholic mass of my youth these words, the preparation for communion, washed over me like a warm summer wave, a feeling of closeness with my Creator embracing me.

In a church full of people, words from my own mouth forged a solemn moment alone with God.

As this season of darkness registers yet another month on my earthly calendar, I recognize a need for silence, a closing of my mouth, a waiting for God to say the word.


We see this
image too often:
the duct-taped
mouth, a hostage
in a hopeless situation.




This image is intentional.

I need a
vivid reminder
to listen
to wait
for God
to say
the word

Last night I prayed aloud the words
of the communion preparation, and heard

Everything you need
is already there
already in place

The words wash over me, a comforting moment alone with God.

Rw
.
As for you, I'll come with healing, curing the incurable Jeremiah 30:17 MSG

No comments: