Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trash

I am a tree hugger. Recycling makes my heart sing. Our house is not too far from the community recycling center. When our bins overflow, we load 'em into the Jeep and drive to the center.

We stand beside our neighbors sorting plastics, newspaper, corrugated, glass, metal. Used batteries and oil, old appliances and construction debris are collected here too. A tree hugger's dream!

This morning, as I walk by the newspaper bin in our kitchen,
a conversation with a friend replays in my head ... I babble on and on about how much material we take to the recycling center. My friend asks if that is a good thing, adding, "Are there more efficient ways to buy what your buying, so there isn't so much packaging?"

Ouch!

Yesterday, Seth Godin's blog was titled Talker's Block. He writes, "Talk is cheap. Talk is ephemeral. Talk can be easily denied."

Today. I am at it again. I am embellishing. The "we" in this story is more accurately "he" – and I might as well disclose that – because he's going to read this in the next day or two, and He's read this blog before my hands even touched the keyboard.


Twisting the truth to make yourselves sound wise isn't wisdom.

Ouch!

Rw

.

No comments: