Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hello

Hello, I say softly, as to a frightened child. The younger version of me has so much yet to discover and embrace about herself, about the world. You will learn to overcome your fear of public speaking, I announce. She laughs, easily dismissing my announcement. The fear, her fear, so firmly entrenched in every fiber of her being the syllables flow past her like the soft breezes of early summer. She cannot hear my words.

You look familiar. Have we met before? I say to my future self, searching for her name, wanting to force the elusive connection within my brain. Do you have time for a cup of coffee? A soda? I seek her permission, her company, a gift of more time together.



Five Years by Corbett Barr
There will be an agreement in whatever variety of actions, so they be each honest and natural in their hour. – Ralph Waldo Emerson What would you say to the person you were five years ago? What will you say to the person you’ll be in five years? (Author: Corbett Barr)

No comments: