Friday, March 2, 2012

My Eulogy

Renee wanted us to remember the
5th grader, the girl deeply wounded and passionately driven.

A young woman who refused to accept the idea, "I can't. I can't because I'm a girl."

A habitual speeder, a magnet for traffic citations. A woman who had trouble relinquishing the steering wheel to God.

A woman for whom wisdom and a quiet spirit was an uphill battle.

A woman who left this world HAVING it all.

Having:
changed lives, a handful of lives,
the lives and hearts God asked her to touch.

Having:
loved and served God,
loved and cherished her husband, the man God designed to be her closest friend,
loved and mentored and comforted her children,
while hoping and praying she was teaching her children to love.

Having:
lived with authenticity,
stretched herself,
challenged us to something greater, helped us to stretch and reach.

Having:
embraced grief and joy on her earthly journey,
living her life in a way that left no doubt that God is with us.

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may
 be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
 
—John 15:11-13 NIV

My Legacy read more

My Manifesto read more

Me? read more

My Heartbeat read more

Rw
.

2 comments:

Peggy Halvorsen said...

My favorite line: having embraced grief and joy on her earthly journey

Having understood that, then the rest of life can be lived to the fullest no matter what comes.

Well done, my friend.

Rw said...

Peggy, your words of affirmation comfort me, your life path inspires! Rw